Taking a Sunday pause to share a non-dance related but absolutely ridiculicious post.
I love baking. It’s my go to therapy when I find myself with too much time on my hands. Early this morning, sun shining into our bedroom and waking me for what has promised to be a beautiful day off in Wellington, I found myself scrolling through healthy cookie recipes. This led me to an inventive morning of baking and my, oh my, it was a tasty success and healthy too. I will be treating my fellow RNZB dancers to these when we head off to Rotorua on Tuesday!
I bring you the yummiest gingernut biscuits I found on www.vegetaraian.com with a few twists of my own improvisation. Happy Sunday baking!
Healthy Vegan Gingernuts-
2 cups of plain flour
1 cup of caster sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp of ground ginger
pinch of salt
125g of dairy free butter
1 tsp of golden syrup
2-3 tbsp of plain cooked oatmeal (who knew I would discover an egg replacement whilst making my breakfast)!
a splash of water (less than ¼ cup) to bind
1) In a mixing bowl combine sifted flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt
2) Rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs
3) Add a tiny bit of cold water, the cooked oatmeal and the golden syrup and work into a firm dough
4) Take teaspoonfuls of mixture, roll into small balls, place on lightly greased oven trays about 5cm apart.
5) Bake at 160 degrees for about 15 minutes. Loosen biscuits and cool on the trays.
After just returning home from a quick run on the treadmill at the gym I am ready to enjoy one of these delightful biscuits with a cup of tea! Tonia 🙂